World War Brick Hartford is happening on July 22-24 at the Radisson Hotel Cromwell, just outside Hartford Connecticut. We are a family-friendly gathering of LEGO® fans who enjoy building and sharing our historic and military models. World War Brick has been happening since 2011 and is organized by Brickmania LLC, the first name in custom military building kits for the LEGO enthusiasts, with special help from our sponsors BrickArms and GI Brick.
For the general public:
We open our doors on Saturday and Sunday for a public exhibition, show off the great creations gathered at World War Brick. Heres what to expect during public hours At World War Brick Hartford:
You will see some unbelievably awesome creations made from LEGO bricks including these massive show-stoppers:
- A 26 foot long model of the battleship USS Missouri, as she appeared in Tokyo Bay for the surrender ceremony that ended World War II. It features hundreds of custom made U.S. Navy and Imperial Japanese Army minifigures. It is escorted by an equally impressive model of the destroyer USS Nicholas, which accompanied the Missouri into Tokyo Bay.
- A massive diorama of the US Landings at Omaha Beach, Normandy, France on D-Day +1. This 120 square foot diorama features a massive landing ship, measuring over 10 feet long, plus German bunkers, dozens of vehicles, and hundreds of custom minifigures.
- Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate just following the Soviet capture of city and the Allied defeat of Nazi Germany.
- Many, many more dioramas, vehicles and custom minifigures. Bring your camera, because you won’t possibly be able to remember it all!
There are also fun games for the public to raise money for Wounded Warrior Project:
- World War BINGO: A $1 donation gets you a card and a chance to win awesome prizes
- Prize Wheel: $1 donations lets you spin the wheel for cool prizes. Every spin is a winner but the best prizes go to the luckiest players
- Enter the raffle to win the best prizes of the day!
You will be able to spectate at the game tournaments, group builds, and building and customization workshops that happen during World War Brick.
You will also have access to exclusive deals on products from Brickmania, BrickArms and GI Brick
Public Tickets are available for Saturday and Sunday, July 23rd and 24th for purchase at the door for just $10 (kids 4 and under free). Avoid the lines by reserving your tickets today (ddvance ticket holders will be allowed inside the event up to 30 minutes prior to the official opening time)
For the hardcore fanatics:
We offer a Weekend Pass, which is an all access ticket to World War Brick, including a full extra day of programing on Friday. The Weekend Pass gets you the following:
- The ability to bring your MOCs (My Own Creation) to display at World War Brick and be eligible for MOC awards
- A Goodie Bag that includes a World War Brick T-shirt, event kit, water bottle and other great swag from the event sponsors
- Ability to participate in the game tournaments (Micro Tank Battle, Robo Tanks and Brickmania Chess), BrickWars games, and daily group builds.
- Friday night presentation by BrickArms founder Will Chapman
- A seat at the Saturday night Wounded Warrior benefit auction featuring rare items from BrickArms and Brickmania
- The chance to mingle with some of the best builders from across the country
- First crack at new and and exclusive products released at WWB
There are still a few Weekend Passes available. Cost is $75 in advance or $100 at the door.
There are still tickets available for the Public Exhibition as well as Weekend Passes. World War Brick doesn’t happened every day, so mark your calendars for July 22-24 and don’t miss out!