New at World War Brick 2023: ‘History Talks’
Brickmania is excited to announce a new component of World War Brick debuting in full here in 2023. Those who attended World War Brick in 2022 may remember some featured presentations that touched on various elements of military history – well this year we’re going even bigger!
We’re proud to announce that in 2023 ‘History Talks’ will become a main component of the event with guest speakers presenting June 10th and 11th during public hours from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Show goers can expect a wide variety of informative talks on various historical topics including the British SAS, Iraq and Afghanistan, and much more!
All talks will be hosted at the World War Brick main podium and are open to both Weekend Pass holders and well as Public Exhibition attendees. We hope you enjoy these presentations and learn something while you’re at it!
2023 World War Brick ‘History Talks’ presentation schedule:
- 10:00-10:45 AM – The Fate of the Italian Garrisons in the Greek Ionian Islands in September 1943
- 11:00-11:45 AM – A First-Hand Account of Iraq and Afghanistan
- 12:00-12:45 PM – The British SAS: Overview and Origins
- 1:00-1:45 PM – The Happy Hooligans: The History of the North Dakota Air National Guard
- 2:00-2:45 PM – Armies in Exile: Serbian, Polish, and Czechoslovak Paths to Victory in WWI
- 3:00-3:45 PM – The British SAS: Operation Nimrod and the Iranian Embassy Siege
The ‘History Talks’ schedule will be the same for Saturday and Sunday. So even if you miss out during day one you’ll have a chance to see it on day two!
We’ll see you all in June!
With the SAS , my talk will touch on the Insignia and formation of the Regiment. A brief look into some Vehicles used . Also looking to the Troubles and involvement during the Falklands conflict. This is to give guests a brief insight into the Regiment and give greater understanding to my second talk Operation Nimrod. ( Iranian Embassy Seige ).
However it is a pleasure to be returning !