World War Brick Anaheim was an unqualified success. Total attendance 890 people ! $4900 raised for Wounded Warrior Project. An awesome good time was had by all.
World War Brick Anaheim is happening this weekend at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South (11767 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove, California, 92840). Friday admission / Weekend Passes are now sold out, but the public are invited to join us Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm to see the displays, play Bingo or raffles (benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project) and shop the finest custom LEGO accessories in the world.
Saturday, February 14, 10am-4pm
Sunday, February 15, 10a-4pm
Admission is $10 per day. Kids 3 and under free.
This is the last call for advance ticket purchase for the public exhibition of World War Brick, happening this Saturday ad Sunday for 10am to 4pm. Advance ticket holders will have an express lane to enter and will be allowed into the hall 30 minutes prior to the official start time. Advance ticket sales will end Wednesday (February 11) at midnight.
In order to assist people with their travel plans, we are making the final 25 Weekend Passes for World War Brick Anaheim available for online purchase. These Weekend Passes will not include a T-shirt, but will include the event kit and goodie bag. If these passes sell out online, there will be no additional passes available at the door.
Brickmania will be taking several of our large displays on a mini tour around the country in February 2015. These include the 11 foot long World War II destroyer USS Nicholas, plus several World War II and other historic military dioramas. We will also have many of our kits, BrickArms weapons and other products available for the historic LEGO building enthusiast.
Here are some of the things you will see this February at WW2 in LEGO:
- An 11-foot replica of the World War II Destroyer USS Nicholas, one of the most decorated US warships in the US Navy.
- Battle of the Bulge Diorama 1: Spearhead to the Meuse – German armor on the attack!
- Battle of the Bulge Diorama 2: Relief of Bastogne – Patton’s Third Army
- North Africa campaign: British Outpost in the Desert, armor and aircraft refit and refuel for the impending clash with the Deutsches Afrikakorps.
- Pacific Beach Assault Diorama: US Marines storm a tropical beach held by the tenacious Japanese defenders.
- Soviet Tank Repair Depot: An urban tank repair facility
In addition to the World War II models, we will also have the following on display:
- Vietnam War Diorama: A montage of iconic scenes from the Vietnam War
- “Black Hawk Down:” A recreation of the 1993 Battle of Mogadishu
Please note that our schedule permits us only one date in most locations. Click HERE for photos of our previous WW2 in LEGO exhibit from 2014.
- Kansas City – NEW VENUE! Elk’s Lodge #26, 515 E 99th Street Kansas City MO 64131-4244 on Sunday, February 8, 2015 – noon to 6pm
- Oklahoma City, OK – American Legion Post 73, 5000 SE 24th, Del City, OK on Monday, February 9, 3 – 8pm
- Albuquerque, NM – VFW Post 401, 2011 Girard Boulevard Southeast, Albuquerque, NM on Tuesday, February 10, 3-8pm
- Flagstaff, AZ – American Legion Post #3, 204 W. Birch Ave., Flagstaff, AZ on Wednesday, February 11, 3-8pm
- Anaheim, CA* – Embassy Suites Anaheim South, 11767 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove,California, 92840, February 14 & 15
- Las Vegas, NV – American Legion Post 40, 425 East Van Wagenen Street, Henderson, NV 89015 on Tuesday, February 17, 3-8 pm
- Provo, UT – Elks Lodge No. 849, 1000 South University Ave, Provo, UT on Wednesday, February 18, 3-8pm
- Denver, CO – VFW Post 2461, 1350 South Broadway Blvd. Denver, CO on Thursday, February 19, 3-8pm
- Omaha, NE – VFW Post 2503, 8904 Military Rd, Omaha, NE on Friday, February 20, 3-8pm and Saturday February 21st, 10-5pm (additional models by talented local builders will also be on display in Omaha).
Entrance cost is $5.00 per person, Family of 4 or more $20.00 maximum. With each paid admission you will receive a coupon for $5.00 off a $50.00 purchase either that day or through our web store.
*Anaheim dates are part of World War Brick Anaheim, admission price is $10 at the door and does not include coupon offer described above.
We’re going to build three portraits of the boldest American military leaders of World War II starting with General Douglas MacArthur, Admiral William “Bull” Halsey and General George S Patton. Each participant will be rewarded with one raffle ticket for each 10″x10″ section completed of the 30×40″ finished mosaic, Each completed portrait will then be mounted in an oak frame behind a layer of UV-protected acrylic. Two of portraits will be sold by silent auction during the public hours on Saturday and the third will be reserved for the Saturday evening auction for Weekend Pass holders only. All proceeds will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Today is the last day to pre-register a Weekend Pass for World War Brick Anaheim. We don’t have many Weekend Passes left and we will probably sell out. If we don’t sell out today, we’ll allow registration at the door, but we’re going to charge $100 and can’t guarantee we’ll have a T-shirt in your size.
Why get a Weekend Pass?
The Weekend Pass is the all-access ticket to the full weekend of activities and includes the coveted Goodie Bag, worth well more than the ticket price alone. A weekend Pass gets you the following:
- Exclusive access to games, activities and workshops throughout the weekend led by some of the most influential builders and customizers in the LEGO military building community.
- Access to Wounded Warrior Project benefit action on Saturday night, plus premium raffle drawings all weekend long. Auction and raffle items include super-exclusive items donated by Brickmania, BrickArms and our other sponsors. Attendees receive raffle tickets for participating in activities and additional raffle tickets can be purchased (all proceeds go to the WWP). Last year we raised over $5500 and this year we’re aiming to blow that figure out of the water!
- A Goodie Bag containing a cornucopia of awesomeness from the event sponsors including a WWB Anaheim T-shirt, exclusive event kit designed by Brickmania and BrickArms (A $100+ retail value alone!), event program and cool gifts from our sponsors.
- The chance to rub elbows with your peers and display your MOCs (My Own Creations) to the world.
- You will be the first to see exciting new products from our sponsors, including new releases and exclusive items.
If that’s not convincing enough, how about this fact: A poll of previous WWB attendees shows that 96% believe the Weekend Pass to be an exceptional value for the money. Already, more than half of the attendees of last year’s WWB Minneapolis have already registered for events in 2015. People who attended WWB tend to come back year after year. We make it our job to create an event that people enjoy and the numbers prove we are doing it well.
BrickArms has completed printing on the LEGO elements for WWB trophies, event kits and badge bricks. We’re about two weeks out and everything seems to be coming together smoothly!
Remember the registration deadline for Weekend Passes is THIS SATURDAY! If you miss the deadline (or they sell out) we can’t guarantee on site registration will be available!