July 24th – 26th Hartford – Cromwell, CT
Join us July 24-26, 2015 for World War Brick Hartford for the first-ever specifically historic military LEGO® modeling event on the East Coast. Sponsors for World War Brick Hartford include Brickmania, BrickArms, GI Brick, Brickstuff and more. There will be displays created by LEGO® enthusiasts from across the country, fun and games, friendly competitions and more. Our gathering is meant to share our enthusiasm for historic modeling, building with LEGO® bricks, and to raise awareness and money for Veterans.
World War Brick Hartford will take place at the Crowne Plaza Hartford – Cromwell (100 Berlin Road Cromwell, CT 06416 United States). We have secured the 9,000 SF main ballroom and will have plenty of space for displays, workshops, activities, games and the WWB store. The hotel is a 25 minute drive from the Hartford-Springfield Bradley (BDL) Airport. We have chosen Connecticut for its central location for all of our North Eastern friends.
READ MORE HERE
We’re gearing up for World War Brick Minneapolis, the event that takes place each year at Brickmania Headquarters. Join your fellow LEGO military builders in the only space in the world dedicated to the subject! We’re only allowing 250 Weekend Passes this year and already a third are spoken for.
We have a block of rooms reserved at the Ramada Plaza Minneapolis from Thursday through Sunday nights at the rates of $99/night for Traditional King or Double room; $114/night for Deluxe King. To make your reservations call the hotel directly at 612-331-1900 or the Ramada’s toll-free number of 877-774-4315 and identify yourself as a member of World War Brick. For more information about hotel and other nearby attractions check out the Location & Hotel Page.
We have set up a preliminary Schedule of Activities for WWB Minneapolis and will be adding to it in the coming weeks. Most activities will require a Weekend Pass to participate and many will require additional registration (sign-up instructions will be sent to Weekend Pass holders about a month before the event). If you are merely curious or want to shop the exclusive WWB deals, you can also visit us with a Public Exhibition Pass 10 am – 4 pm Saturday or Sunday.
DISCOUNT PRICE SCHEDULE:
We are offering price discounts for passes on the following schedule:
Weekend Pass (pass is good for one person for entire weekend):
- Price January 1-April 30, 2015: $60
- Price starting May 1, 2015: $75
Public Exhibition (pass is good for one person for one day during public hours only (10 am – 4 pm):
- Price January 1-April 30, 2015: $7.50
- Price starting May 1, 2015: $10
World War Brick Anaheim was an unqualified success. Total attendance 890 people ! $4900 raised for Wounded Warrior Project. An awesome good time was had by all.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL REPORT
World War Brick Anaheim is happening this weekend at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South (11767 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove, California, 92840). Friday admission / Weekend Passes are now sold out, but the public are invited to join us Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm to see the displays, play Bingo or raffles (benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project) and shop the finest custom LEGO accessories in the world.
Saturday, February 14, 10am-4pm
Sunday, February 15, 10a-4pm
Admission is $10 per day. Kids 3 and under free.
Link for WWP Auction payments.
This is the last call for advance ticket purchase for the public exhibition of World War Brick, happening this Saturday ad Sunday for 10am to 4pm. Advance ticket holders will have an express lane to enter and will be allowed into the hall 30 minutes prior to the official start time. Advance ticket sales will end Wednesday (February 11) at midnight.
In order to assist people with their travel plans, we are making the final 25 Weekend Passes for World War Brick Anaheim available for online purchase. These Weekend Passes will not include a T-shirt, but will include the event kit and goodie bag. If these passes sell out online, there will be no additional passes available at the door.
Will has announced the release of the new Private Carpet minifig from BrickArms to coincide with the WW2 in LEGO tour. We will have limited quantities at all destinations on the tour and at World War Brick Anaheim. We will also have quantities of the new production M1917A1 machine gun at all dates.
Brickmania will be taking several of our large displays on a mini tour around the country in February 2015. These include the 11 foot long World War II destroyer USS Nicholas, plus several World War II and other historic military dioramas. We will also have many of our kits, BrickArms weapons and other products available for the historic LEGO building enthusiast.
Here are some of the things you will see this February at WW2 in LEGO:
- An 11-foot replica of the World War II Destroyer USS Nicholas, one of the most decorated US warships in the US Navy.
- Battle of the Bulge Diorama 1: Spearhead to the Meuse – German armor on the attack!
- Battle of the Bulge Diorama 2: Relief of Bastogne – Patton’s Third Army
- North Africa campaign: British Outpost in the Desert, armor and aircraft refit and refuel for the impending clash with the Deutsches Afrikakorps.
- Pacific Beach Assault Diorama: US Marines storm a tropical beach held by the tenacious Japanese defenders.
- Soviet Tank Repair Depot: An urban tank repair facility
In addition to the World War II models, we will also have the following on display:
- Vietnam War Diorama: A montage of iconic scenes from the Vietnam War
- “Black Hawk Down:” A recreation of the 1993 Battle of Mogadishu
Please note that our schedule permits us only one date in most locations. Click HERE for photos of our previous WW2 in LEGO exhibit from 2014.
- Kansas City – NEW VENUE! Elk’s Lodge #26, 515 E 99th Street Kansas City MO 64131-4244 on Sunday, February 8, 2015 – noon to 6pm
- Oklahoma City, OK – American Legion Post 73, 5000 SE 24th, Del City, OK on Monday, February 9, 3 – 8pm
- Albuquerque, NM – VFW Post 401, 2011 Girard Boulevard Southeast, Albuquerque, NM on Tuesday, February 10, 3-8pm
- Flagstaff, AZ – American Legion Post #3, 204 W. Birch Ave., Flagstaff, AZ on Wednesday, February 11, 3-8pm
- Anaheim, CA* – Embassy Suites Anaheim South, 11767 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove,California, 92840, February 14 & 15
- Las Vegas, NV – American Legion Post 40, 425 East Van Wagenen Street, Henderson, NV 89015 on Tuesday, February 17, 3-8 pm
- Provo, UT – Elks Lodge No. 849, 1000 South University Ave, Provo, UT on Wednesday, February 18, 3-8pm
- Denver, CO – VFW Post 2461, 1350 South Broadway Blvd. Denver, CO on Thursday, February 19, 3-8pm
- Omaha, NE – VFW Post 2503, 8904 Military Rd, Omaha, NE on Friday, February 20, 3-8pm and Saturday February 21st, 10-5pm (additional models by talented local builders will also be on display in Omaha).
Entrance cost is $5.00 per person, Family of 4 or more $20.00 maximum. With each paid admission you will receive a coupon for $5.00 off a $50.00 purchase either that day or through our web store.
*Anaheim dates are part of World War Brick Anaheim, admission price is $10 at the door and does not include coupon offer described above.
World War Brick is mainly about having fun, but there’s a little bit of friendly competition too. Get your game (and build) on for World War Brick Anaheim… Your trophy awaits!
We’re going to build three portraits of the boldest American military leaders of World War II starting with General Douglas MacArthur, Admiral William “Bull” Halsey and General George S Patton. Each participant will be rewarded with one raffle ticket for each 10″x10″ section completed of the 30×40″ finished mosaic, Each completed portrait will then be mounted in an oak frame behind a layer of UV-protected acrylic. Two of portraits will be sold by silent auction during the public hours on Saturday and the third will be reserved for the Saturday evening auction for Weekend Pass holders only. All proceeds will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.